Monday, November 07, 2005



I finished this tablerunner for my Grandma for Christmas. It is from Nancy Halvorsen, made from a kit from a quilt shop, but not from N. H. fabric. I machine appliqued it with a blanket stitch.




Catching up on some UFO's, here is 10 of the 11 blocks I currently have from this BOM from Keepsake Quilting. So there is one more block, then sashing and a pieced border.



From another quilter I got this tip that has really been helpful. Instead of cutting the thread off at the end of the pieces you are sewing, sew squares together to make four patches, then cut the thread between the piece you are working on and the four patch. That way you don't have to fight with thread nests at the beginning of the piece and you get little four patches made for a scrap quilt.

1 comment:

catherine calspa said...

ProBlogger formally joins b5media
Just a quick announcement that I'm sure will not shock anyone. As of today ProBlogger.net has formally joined the b5media.com network of blogs .
GREAT blog!

it makes me feel right at home. I was looking for this type of thing. Keep up the good work, thanks for having this blog.

SB - come see my blog and my kissing tips site if you want...

Don't stop blogging, you've got something nice going here...