Saturday, November 12, 2005


I just talked to the local long arm quilter and this quilt is done and ready to be picked up. It is for my mom and dad. It is 99x101 and really bright colors. It is quilted with an all over meander in a coffee color. I am so excited to get it back. It is from a Sandy Bonsib pattern, and was started in one of her workshops is Sept. 2004.

This is a quilt I made for myself. It is larger than twin but not quite full size. The stars are about 15 inch blocks, and they are handpieced, just for fun. I quilted it on my home machine, all circles, it looks like raindrops falling on a puddle. The back is pink, my dd picked it out. There is a hole in this quilt that was caused by moving. This quilt was used to wrap furniture and as it jiggled, it wore a whole in the blue triangle, bottom right. I fixed it with a circle applique patch that didn't quite match and wrote "Alaska 2003" on it to remember the trip.

4 comments:

Jacob said...

Fred Wilson on "The VC's Customer"
Fred Wilson has an awesome blog on The VC's Customer . The first few sentences summarize the post.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to how to repair a road bicycle on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like how to repair a road bicycle!

Bonnie said...

I love the whacky log cabin with the hearts! It's really GREAT! I bet you had a fun time making it with all the scraps :c)

Bonnie

Mary said...

I also made a heart quilt using Sandy Bonsib's pattern several years ago.

Yours turned out very nice. I hope you enjoyed making yours as much I as I enjoyed making mine.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I love your variation on Sandy Bonsib's wonky heart/log pattern. You are so lucky to have taken a workshop with her!!! I made a stack of these blocks as a way to use up some of my I Spy charms - I used a different I Spy for each heart! Still have to finish it though...

Cheers!

Evelyn