Sunday, January 29, 2006





This is Jungle Fever, a quilt I made in about 2002. It is very wild, but that is the point. This is a sick quilt, one that my kids get to lay under when they don't feel well. It has a lot of things to look at, lines to trace, patterns to figure out.

Above are photos of some of the blocks. There is a theme to each block, cowboys, pigs, space, light house, chicken, christmas, butterflies, zebras. I used up a lot of novelty fabric. The alternate squares are a bright animal print. The back is teal colored, like the 2nd border, and it is quilted in white, so that you can see outlines of things on the back.

The themed squares are not squares to begin with. If you look at the blocks they are kind of wonky. This was before wonky was really in.

7 comments:

cher said...

this would be my favorite quilt if I were at your house! what a great idea and it turned out terrific! thanks for sharing!

Patti said...

What a wonderful quilt for sick kids. They can be occupied for hours looking for things in the fabric. Well done!

Samantha said...

What a great idea- a sick quilt! I may have to make one for my kids. (I have tons of brights and novelties lurking in my stash.) It's lovely!!!

JudyL said...

That's a neat idea .. a special quilt for when they didn't feel good and something to take their mind of being sick!

Judy L.

Jeanne said...

Hi Rebecca! Welcome to Stash Quilts - I just found you!

Finn said...

What a fun quilt Rebecca! If I be good can I come and be sick at your house..? *VBS* It's wonderful!

The Calico Cat said...

cool quilt - I am doing a few (4) I Spy quilts now....