Saturday, February 04, 2006

I have had this fq hanging on my wall for a long time. I just love it. But what to do with it? I don't want to cut it up for a project. So I have just been enjoying it as a work of art.
Here is a photo of my sewing room with my new pegboard set up. I am just thrilled with it.
And this is the second set of fq's my wonderful dh got me for Valentines Day.

Ok, the calendar quilt. There are twelve of us, and each person makes a strip of blocks for January. Then we pass the strip to the next person, who makes the blocks for Feb. Etc. In December, we all receive our tops back, with some blocks from each person. It is not a row quilt as some of the months are not a row, but maybe a four patch of blocks, or an up and down strip, say 6 x 30.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

You have fantastic taste in fabric- I can say that as I have a piece of the blue star batik, tho mine os orange. And, i made my DD a v-day quilt using 3 of the fabrics your hubby got for you. Like I said, you have fantastic taste ;-)

cher said...

always nice to receive fabric as a present for any occasion :-) I love that piece of fabric-I have been known to do the same..

Jeanne said...

I'll be looking forward to more pics of the calendar quilts as you go along through the year.

Carolyn said...

The quilt fabric would make a fabulous border if you have enough of it. I saw that fabric ages ago in Lancaster and didn't buy it because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to come up with a project for it...and because I had so many other bolts in my hands!