Saturday, February 11, 2006
















Ok. well I can't figure out how this is loading the photos today. So I will tell you about these quilts. I belong to the Quilters Corner yahoo group and we often do swaps. It is a very small group, like a local guild. These three quilts are made from blocks and fabric from these swaps.

The bright and black one was from last summer. We had a lottery for those big blocks. I won 13 blocks. I then added the hst border and black borders. This pattern is from quilterscache called Twelve Triangles. This top is not quilted (yet).

The blue quilt is from hst's that we swapped, light and dark blue. I had sooooo much fun arranging these blocks before I decided on this setting which in the book I picked it from is called Mosiac #5. This quilt hung in my church for awhile (they are used to block the sound). There are usually about 8 quilts in the church and anyone can let their quilt be there for as long as they want. The local lady did the long arm quilting in Daisy Swirl. It is really beautiful.

The scrappy Jewel Box is also from HST's we swapped, scrappy and cream. I did this as a quilt as you go, and now I know I don't want to do that again. Although it was nice tonight when I finished putting it together I could put the binding on and was done.


5 comments:

Mary said...

All are pretty but I love the Jewel Box.

Linda_J said...

Oh, Rebecca---gotta love that 12 Triangles, black and brights.

Finn said...

All three looks great Rebecca! I especially like the Jewel Box, but then I'm a scrap nut..*S* You did a great job with the 13 blocks you won..realy love the pieced border, very, very nice touch!

Sandra said...

The jewel box looks awsome, and I love the black one, and the blue one is so restful - they're all wonderful :-) What a great group of friends you are!

cher said...

all wonderful quilts from swaps that I am sure was a lot of fun to do!