Monday, February 13, 2006











The photo is a quilt that my mom made. She sewed, I directed, as she had never made a quilt before. This is for my nephews 13th birthday. It took her almost two years to finish, but she did!! It is all flannel, and she did a great job!!! The pictures in the squares are moose, fox, fish, bears, beavers, etc.


When I made that scrappy jewel box, I didn't follow any directions to do the quilt as you go. Maybe that was the problem. Anyway, I just had a hard time with the back lining up in some parts. I guess it wasn't that bad. If I would have followed directions from a book or pattern, I'm sure it would have turned out better! But when have I ever followed directions very well?

I have realized in the last week that I am definently obsessed with quilting. I think about, do it, read about it, think about it, shop for it, look at it, search it out, google it, think about it, etc. Do people get obsessed about other hobbies this way?


Tonight for dinner we had Shepherd's Pie made with moose meat. I don't hunt but a friend does and she gives me some of the mooseburger and some of the steaks. Great friend! Moose tastes a lot like beef but with a little stronger flavor and since it is ground at home, the amount of fat in it can be controlled.

I got out of jury duty this week as the trial was cancelled. Good news. But now I don't get to work on my 1000 Pryamids (by hand) while waiting. Bad news.

I am working on a quilt that I call Happy Cabana. Little houses that I am fusing flowers and things to. Picture coming soon.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I did a quilt-as-you go project about 10 years ago. It's still unfinished as I hate the process of closing all the seams in the back. So I'm like you and will probably never do this again. Now I have done it where you sew the top in quarters and quilt each quarter then join them together. But that's not nearly as many seams to finish as with it done for each block.

I too am obsessed with quilting as I would imagine most of us here are. :-) And all you have to do is think about all the people who spend many $$$ collecting _______(insert name of just about anything you can think of here) to know that, yes, other people obsess about their hobbies too.

Passionate Quilter said...

obsessed? LOL I am SO obsessed with quilting and I just love to hang with other obsessed quilters, makes me feel good! :) I loved your swap quilts.