Sunday, February 19, 2006

Well, hello again. It has been a long week, and it has only been four days!

On Wednesday, I took the kids to the dentist for their checkup. I mentioned I had a tooth that was kind of sensitive, and they rushed me off for xrays and fillings. Three hours later, we left the dentist and half of my face was still numb. It was not the way I wanted to spend my afternoon.

Thursday my mouth was soooo sore and my sore throat started.

Friday I babysat for the Valentines Banquet from the church and finished my part of the calendar quilt (the trees and cabins).



Saturday a friend and I finished the missionary quilt that the ladies of our church had been making. When I got home, I made some pillowcases for my kids, the teddy bear and trucks are the new ones. I also finished the hand sewing on the quilt as you go quilt, and so that is Done, Done.



Today I stayed home and slept, taking Tylenol for the sore throat and drinking warm stuff. I sewed some on my 1000 Pyramids quilt (mostly piecing by hand).


I have enjoyed reading all the blogs while I have been sick and down in the mouth. :) Everyone posts such beautiful pictures.

Another thing I wanted to share. My daughter and I went for a walk on a warmer day (about 25 degrees) and we had the greatest time watching these little finch like birds eat the seeds from the pinecones. Then they would drop the pinecones from the trees. It was a special moment.

7 comments:

Mary said...

Hope your mouth is less sore and cross your fingers you aren't getting sick - its taken me 4 weeks to get over my *cold* and I still have a cough.

I love your thousand pyramid quilt - another one on my list to do one day.

cher said...

good for you to still do some quilting despite the sore mouth and sore throat...hope you are on the mend...your pyramid quilt is a beauty!

JudyL said...

I can't imagine living in AK. It seems like such gorgeous scenery and yet so, so cold and remote.

Surely hope you're feeling better. You've accomplished a whole lot, even while feeling bad.

Judy L.

Jeanne said...

Sounds like you're getting a lot done,in spite of the sore throat and dentistry. Hope you're feeling better! I'm loving the calendar quilt, the scrappy pyramids, and the bird walk!!!

Pam said...

Your winter scene reminds me of the Olympics...perfect timing.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I really like your row with the trees - they are so pretty!

Lucky kids to get those pillowcases - I am going to start making pillowcases to go with the quilts I am making.

And, 1000 pyramids - great use of a large variety of fabrics.

I hope you feel better!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Linda_J said...

Rebecca, such interesting and varied projects you are working on! Are the houses and trees foundation pieced? My mom has made several 1000 pyramids for WTIL donation but I haven't tried it yet. That bias edge a problem for you or do you feel that handpiecing keeps that at bay? Hope you are feeling better soon.