Thursday, March 23, 2006

Here it is! The finished mystery, started Dec. 2005. The top is finished but not quilted. I think it turned out really beautiful. I am going to leave the small border on it and use the green plaid for the backing.

And an up closer photo. This top took about 14 hours to put together. The blocks are 10 1/2 inches finished.

Spring is here! It has been 45 degrees for three days! Everything is getting soggy but the warmth is so welcome. The turning point is when the sun starts to give off some heat.

11 comments:

dot said...

This top is beautiful. I know you said you wouldn't tell us where you found it on the internet but could you give some clues?

Vicky said...

Really gorgeous! Congrats on getting it done!

Laurie Ann said...

Very beautiful! I hope you are keeping this one for yourself!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I love how setting 2 different blocks together gives you a neat design - this came out great!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Finn said...

Absolutely stunning Rebecca! You deserve an A+ for this one. And so soon done...wow!!

Pam said...

Rebecca, that is beautiful! Way to Go! pat yourself on the back and have a cup of tea, you deserve it!

Sandra said...

Wow - this is beautiful!! It's a great feeling when a mystery quilt turns out so lovely! The colours are perfect.

Linda_J said...

Rebecca, this is a gorgeous quilt--good job!

I find it hard to do mystery quilts or even read mysteries without knowing the end result. The process of getting there is more exciting to me than keeping the end a surprise, I guess. How my mind works.

cher said...

yes, it did turn out wonderfully-nice work!

Carolyn said...

You did a beautiful job on this quilt...I'd love to know where this mystery came from!

Mary said...

Very pretty. 14 hours isn't bad if that's all it took to piece. It looks like it would have taken a while.