Monday, March 20, 2006


I went to a friend's house to sew this weekend to celebrate National Quilting Day.

I am working on a mystery ufo started in December. I won't tell you the name, just in case you may end up doing this one. These are the fabrics I picked. I am usually a very scrappy person but decided to go out of my comfort zone. The plaid will be the border, it is brushed cotton. It also has a maroon line in the plaid that you can't see well in this photo. The green print has little berries in it the same color as the maroon (colors in the photo are really bright).


And here are two finished blocks. The setting is on point. I have about four more hours to sew to finish the top. Then I will post a photo of that too. I sewed about six hours on Saturday and about four hours on Sunday. This one took a long time to make lots of hst's and those middle points for the stars. This quilt will be 51 x 68 without the borders.

10 comments:

cher said...

nice progress so far..

Linda_J said...

Looking good so far, Rebecca. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Sandra said...

I have that red fabric too! Blocks look great - looking forward to seeing the whole thing :-)

Jeanne said...

Pretty blocks! I like doing mystery quilts!
Jeanne :)

Laurie said...

gorgeous!
hugs
laurie

Mary said...

I like scrappy too but this is very pretty. I like the colors.

quiltpixie said...

This looks great. What a wonderful way to spend to the weekend.

Bonnie said...

Heehehhee! I love seeing the "creative mess in progress" and the beautiful blocks you came up with!

Bonnie

JudyL said...

Like the way it looks so far. Can't wait to see the whole quilt.

Judy L.

Pam said...

Nothing like quilting for friends!