Thursday, April 27, 2006




Here is another quilt from Carol's Closet. This is another one from the 30's and is muslin with a mint green border. It is not quilted and there is no batting, but does have a back on it that is attached with a top stitch around the edge. This design is all made of french knots and embroidery. The rabbit itself is about 10 inches square and this is a summer baby quilt. My mom says she remembers her grandma having a quilt made with knots like this. Has anyone else seen one?

3 comments:

dot said...

This is cute. No I haven't seen any quilt like this. I haven't had the desire to try a little block, I have enough trouble with big blocks. I am happy the quilting covers a multitude of mistakes.

The Calico Cat said...

No but I have a cross-stitched Bambi baby quilt... it was pre quilted & the back is "what you expect the back of a cross stitch project" to look like... (It is from my babyhood...)

Linda_J said...

make one and the feeling will go away--good one, Rebecca! Are those French Knots?? I thought it looked like it was needle punched or terry cloth fabric!