Wednesday, April 05, 2006



Here it is, my broken toe, four days after I broke it. I was just happily jumping on some rocks to cross a cold creek with my kids when it felt like I stubbed my toe. It started to swell and bruise and four hours later, I had to go to the ER, it hurt so bad. Wanna see the xray?

Notice the toe next to the big toe. There is a v shaped line down by the knuckle. Yep, broken toe. Big ugly hard shoe, toes taped. Whee.

I was on my back with my foot elevated above my heart for 3 days and should be off it as much as possible for the next three weeks.

7 comments:

Michele said...

Owie Zowie!!! You poor thing. I have broken my toe once, too, and boy does it hurt. You have my sympathy. Chocolate helps heal broken toes, it has calcium in it! Couldn't hurt to try anyway now could it?

cher said...

oh my...the price you paid for playing with your children! sorry you are out of action for a while

Laurie Ann said...

Ouch! So sorry! Sending healing your way .....

Linda_J said...

I worked in a podiatric practice for 12 years so I've seen my share of those--xrays, fractures and surgical shoes. Even broke a couple of my own and stress fractured too.

Poor you! No pressing the sewing machine pedal for a bit either being your right foot?

Pam said...

ouie!!! ouieee....

and ouieee...again!

dot said...

OUCH!!!!

Samantha said...

Oh, ow, you porr thing! I have broken my pinky toe several times (don't ask) and it's just now fun.

Take care!!