Saturday, April 22, 2006

It is spring in Alaska. This is the mountain closest to my house, Mt. Drum. I am amazed every day by how it looks, the clouds around it, the colors, the snow. It makes me aware of God and his awesome power to create something like this. Along with this is a photo of a wallhanging completed this weekend held by my DD, Aerin. It is left over blocks from my blue and white star sampler. It was inspired by the blue of the sky and the white of the clouds and snow. Definently appropriate to put these photos together in a post.


















I have been busy binding this weekend too. I have bound three projects and have two more ready to bind. I feel like making a new block though. It is 17" and I am having a heck of a time drafting it in EQ5 just for the fun (?) of it. It is a spikey star surrounded by flying geese to form a circle. I would like to make it in a light grey background with blue and brown flying geese with a blue star.


9 comments:

JudyL said...

Can you see that mountain from your home? Gorgeous!!

That's a very pretty quilt. Did you get it drawn? Looks hard!

Judy L.

rebecca0669 said...

there are trees in the way from my house but I see it everyday from the road thru town.

I got the quilt to work in eq5. I don't know if it is exactly right, but if I make it I will use the templates to make sure it is accurate.

Rebecca

Sandra said...

What a gorgeous view of those fabulous mountains! Very inspiring. Love the quilt too. That quilt looks fantastic but not sure I'd tackle it - good luck with working out your pattern :-)

Linda_J said...

The scenery from your home is absolutely stunning. And the quilt turned out well too--those blocks deserved to be in their own "home"

I see from your reply note that you got your EQ prj figured out. That will be a wonderful quilt should you decide to make it a reality.

The Calico Cat said...

Which book is that?

Carolyn said...

What an incredible view. If I lived there, I'd never get anything done for looking at it! The quilt is gorgeous...I don't think I'd be brave enough to try it! Carolyn

Mary said...

Beautiful - what a wonderful view and I like the blues on the wallhanging too.

ForestJane said...

what a fantastic view you have!

Alaska is on my list of places-to-visit someday before I die... :)

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Your skies are so blue against that white snow. Beautiful scenery!

If you make that quilt with all those points - wow! Paper piecing might be an option to consider.

Great job on the table runner.

Cheers!

Evelyn