Monday, June 05, 2006


Hello Blogger Friends!

It has been beautiful weather here in Alaska this last week. It has been about 70 degrees, a small breeze, few bugs. I took the kids and the dog into the woods for a walk today and we all had a great time. The dog likes to run free without a leash and the kids love to explore the flora and fauna. We found some lady slipper flowers where we hadn't seen them before.

I finished this quilt top this weekend. It is about 44 by 50. It is a spider web design, the blocks are about 11 inches finished. I didn't follow a pattern, I just started sewing the same size strips together, cut them with a triangle template, and added corners. That is why they are a weird size. I added the orange border for punch and the green goes so well with the outer border (a small purple floral with green leaves, and it matches a small bit of green in one of the pinks. I think I will donate this quilt to a fundraiser at my kids' school this fall.


6 comments:

cher said...

good to get a quilt top done!

Nancy said...

Ooh, another great use of strips! I've been looking for ideas to use my strips in and now I've found 2 in one day. I don't have a large quantity of pinks and purples but I can sure see this done in blues/greens that I have a ton of.

Laurie Ann said...

I really like that quilt and what you did with the borders. My borders are always so boring ... I need to learn from folks like you!

Samantha said...

that's a really fun spiderweb!

Linda_J said...

very pretty quilt, Rebecca and it sounds as though you had a wonderful time sightseeing and enjoying the pleasant weather.

ForestJane said...

I like the border added triangles too, and I'm impressed that you did it in a weekend!