Friday, June 30, 2006


I am part of a swap and we are making 6" friendship stars from batiks. I have some odds and ends batiks from other projects so I have a little of them. Anyway, here are the first 12, three of each. When you only make a couple of small blocks at a time, the project goes so quickly. And I am including variety so I don't get bored.

Some friends and I are getting together today to sew all day! In a large community center, free of charge, lots of tables, and good lighting. We will work on a project, I'll show you that later, and I will take some batik to make some more stars, as I get bored easily working on only one thing.


Now that I have had time to look over the new Cotton Spice magazine, I have to recommend it. It is very personal, like getting a big newsletter, as opposed to a big glossy magazine. The photos are lovely and the article about color made me want to go out and buy new fabric in colors I normally don't use. I noticed that the print was large and the directions simple and easy, but the patterns were not simple and boring. And of course, who is not following Abby's story?

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Rebecca,
OH, a quilty day with girlfriends! Sounds PERFECT!!!
Hugs
Laurie

quiltpixie said...

I've heard others say good things about the magazine too. If I come across one, I'll have to take a look.

The friendship stars are looking good. What will you do with your collection of them when they arrive?

Hanne said...

Friendship stars are always nice. Have a good retreat

ForestJane said...

Abby whooooo?

The Calico Cat said...

I still need to find Cotton Spice... (I did check out the other new magazine - Quilter's Home.)

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karen said...

Well, I can't let that comment go by without a comment of my own...

www.cottonspice.com

sorry, couldn't resist! :)