Wednesday, June 07, 2006


I started this quilt at 11 a.m yesterday and finished the top at 9 p.m. this evening. During that time I also slept, read a crime novel, ate, worked four hours, read lots of blogs, and participated in a marching band with my kids. :) This was a mystery from a local quilt shop, although I changed the pattern. The half square triangles were supposed to be in a flying geese formation but I put them in pinwheels instead. I added the two fabrics for the borders from my stash. Also I changed out one of the fabrics, there was a dark yellow but I replaced it with the dark blue. This top is about 60 x 75. You know, I haven't made any stars for awhile and I am feeling kind of out of place with my quilting. My DH says "These last few quilts just don't look like the quilts you do".

My DH and I celebrated twelve years of marriage on 06-06-06. We went out to eat at the nicest restaurant around here and it was great! Much better than expected, cheaper than expected, and great service. I had a steak and potato, and some kind of greens, Bill had shrimp and scallops with garlic mashed potatoes and shredded carrots and asparagus. We had crab cakes for an appetizer, with iced tea for me and a dark beer for him. The view of the mountains was magnificant, and the weather was beautiful. It was a great celebration.

11 comments:

Fiona said...

Awesome speed and lovely quilt.

Vicky said...

A beautiful quilt. I love pinwheels, and yours are fabulous!

Happy Anniversary!

Norma said...

Congratulations! Happy Anniversary!

The Calico Cat said...

Nice quilt - I love the scrappy light background. Congrats on the milestone!

Hanne said...

Happy belated anniversary :-) How can you do so much in a day ? Have you found extra hours somewhere ? If so, please share secret ;-) Very nice spider web quilt too !

Linda_J said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your DH. Points for him noticing that your latest quilt top was not quite your usual output. It is lovely and I love the changes you made to the pattern to make it yours.

Jeanne said...

Happy anniversary! This VERY FAST project turned out beautifully! Ha, are you getting so much accomplished because you have so many hour of daylight to work in right now?
Jeanne :)

ForestJane said...

Congratulations on twelve years and the happy anniversary!

I like the pinwheel quilt too - the colors are great. :)

dot said...

I just love this quilt. I have stopped by many times just to look at it. What a great job with the colors and pattern.

Mary said...

Happy anniversary.

I love quick quilts and this one turned out great.

Bonnie said...

The colors in your quilt are lovely. How nice to get a wonderful quilt done so quickly - and to get a book read too! You made a mystery quilt and read a mystery book - so appropriate.