Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Bad news today. My LQS is going out of business. It is the only quilt shop in 120 any direction. But she is having a great 50% off everything sale. I went by the store yesterday, the first day of the sale, and Lori was SWAMPED. She had a friend that was going to help but her friend was sick. So I stayed and helped. I started with putting bolts away, and then folding cut pieces, putting the yardage in bags. Then when Lori needed a break, I started cutting fabric too. Some ladies got 2 yard cuts of something like 30 bolts. By the end of the day, she had about 100 empty bolts. I stopped by there this morning and it was much more manageable. She is going to stay in business until most everything is gone. Sad, sad, sad.

I did buy some fabric at her sale, all those brown pieces in the background. My DH wants a coffee quilt so I chose coffee colors. And then the mailman brought a swaps package. :) That's all the fat quarters. And the three on the right, I just liked those. And for a friend, I bought 12 yards of a dark green floral and 12 yards of a light green floral to make some valances. She is disabled, so I will do it for her.

6 comments:

quiltpixie said...

the browns will be wonderful for everything through expresso.

Linda_J said...

Too bad about the quilt shop. Seems like we keep hearing of this shop or that closing--Hancock's, LQS. Hope that she can break even with the deep discounts from going out of business.

Good of you to help with the shelving and cutting while you were there.

Shelina said...

Going out of business sales are confusing aren't they? You don't want them to go out of business so that you can keep going there, but the bargains are terrific. You are such a good friend to help out. Those coffee fabrics look great!

Tazzie said...

I'm so sorry about your local quilt store closing. I feel so sad for the owner, it would be heartbreaking. I hope there's somewhere else you can get your fabric. There's nothing like seeing the fabrics in person. I love the pile of fabrics, so many possibilities!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Samantha said...

Sorry to hear you are losing your one LQS! Enjoy the sale, at least...

ForestJane said...

Sad to hear she had to go out of business, but good that you got some fabric at a good price!