Sunday, July 30, 2006
I just read in a new magazine that there is a new hand quilting movement called "Big Stitch Quilting." Hooray! I'm saved! Now I don't have to worry about how large my stitches are, I can just say, "It's a new thing. They are supposed to be that way!" :) And it sure goes fast! These triangles are about 4 1/2 inches across the bottom. I am quilting 1/4 inch inside the light triangles. I have half the quilt pieced and sandwiched. I figure messing with half will be so much easier than the whole thing.
I cleaned my sewing room today. I stacked the fabric boxes, put the scraps back into the scrap bin, put the thread in the thread box, and cleaned off the ironing board. I even vacuumed the floor! Pins on the floor don't bother me, but DH complains when he tries to reach the bookshelf and gets stuck.
Projects I just have to work on this week:
1. Finish quilt for Mom's friend, must be done by Aug. 11. Needs about two more hours of work.
2. Round robin, needs appliqued, already fused.
3. Put coffee quilt rows together.
4. Make a test block for sunflower quilt.
5. Hand quilt on 1000 Pyramids.
6. Select fabric for Sept. class.
7. Make second set of valances.
8. Christmas ornaments.
9. Whole cloth baby quilt.
10. Friendship stars for swap, need about 50 more.
at 7:55 PM