Sunday, July 09, 2006


My mom asked me to make a duvet cover for a friend of hers. The friend had some drapes she wanted to use to make the quilt. The drapes were beautiful stripes and floral made of cotton. I had about 15 yards to work with and this is one side, the other will be only the original material.
Although I like the white in the center, it is covering a zebra striped comforter and I thought maybe the black stripes would show thru. I did a little tweaking of the border flowers to fuse to the middle of the white squares. This project is almost finished, it will be about 80x90.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Very clever way to fix those white center squares - I like it much better with your addition.

quiltpixie said...

these are wonderful. Never thought of making drapes... are they hard?

Nancy said...

I love the colors in this. And I agree, the center looks much better with the flowers than the white.

Bonnie said...

Yes, those white squares look very good with the addition of the border flowers.