Wednesday, July 19, 2006





Ok, here are some good photos of my RR. I paper pieced the center, and added the last white border, the blue and green and the last rainbow border. This is about 100 inches square. I am very happy with it. I plan to applique some butterflies and kites to the outer white border to match the inner borders.

I am still sewing on the coffe quilt today, making a few more blocks. Carefully placed to make the stripes in the right places. But these are really not hard to make and I have been sewing some on my Singer 99K, that is just so cute. Once I got the really big lint ball out from under the feed dogs, it worked great.


I made these two bags this week, called Lantern Bags. A very fun easy pattern, bought at a quilt shop. I added timtex to the gusset in order for the bags to stand up.

10 comments:

quiltpixie said...

the rr is very summer in colour and theme. Will brighten many a day I'm sure

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

That is a big quilt! I like the idea of a madallion style quilt that is created with these round robins! Great little bags that you are making up too - I am trying to get organized and thinking about Christmas soon... so I might be making a few bags myself.

Cheers!

Evelyn

ForestJane said...

Your round robin quilt turned out nicely now that you're finally able to take a picture of it! I agree, the applique in that final border will be a great touch.

The purses turned out very well too!

Judith said...

The rr looks great and summer. Th bags look nice too and that Coffe quilt will be beautifull when finished.

Gail said...

That quilt is absolutely JOYful. Makes me feel happy just looking at it. I like the purses, too. I'm going to have to break down and make one someday.

Laurie Ann said...

That quilt is really fun!!

Cynthia said...

Your quilt is so colorful. Very nice. I also like your bags.

Shelina said...

LOL glad the wind cooperated with you this time. The purses are cute too.

Bonnie said...

I like the two color, green and blue, border - it adds just the right touch to this colorful RR. Also, your idea of adding butterflys to the border will bring it all together.

Hanne said...

Lovely quilt top and lovely bags :-)