Sunday, July 02, 2006




What a great sewing day!

There were 11 ladies that were sewing and a few stopped by just to say hello and see what we were doing. We don't have a guild but get together at least twice a year, Dec. and June, to quilt all day. There are many ladies at our church who quilt and we do quilty projects together too.

I arrived at 10:30 am and left at 9:30 p.m. I had the fabric picked out for the project, but not cut. (oops, I forgot to include the light in the photo, it is a tan with swirly white on it, the lady who let me have some called it a coffee print.) So I completed the top of this project, with the purple border, from start to finish. With only one trip to the quilt shop to change the border. I was going to use the purple multi print, used in the sashing, but it just didn't look right. So I went and bought the darker purpley batik and it just looked so much better. This top is about 40 x 40.

8 comments:

cher said...

what a fun time it sounds you had- and a nice quilt top too.

Linda_J said...

Looks like you were all doing the same pattern? The quilts turned out very well! I would have to say that I am partial to yours--and the purples.

Bonnie said...

Wow - such a nice wall hanging! And it looks good in all the different color ways. Your batiks are wonderful.

ForestJane said...

Wow, nice going!

Was it a class? I like the fabric you used the best too... lol

JudyL said...

You did all that in one day? It's so pretty! They all look so different -- and they're all beautiful. I love the purple border on yours!

Judy L.

Vicky said...

Great quilt! Aren't sew days fun? I always come away so invigorated and inspired!

The Calico Cat said...

COOL! I have recently seen that pattern all over! (BTW That light sounds like what I call a beige-ing - not sure why, I must have heard or read that somewhere, but it fits.)

Shelina said...

That is a great top. I like yours the best too.