Sunday, August 20, 2006

Josie




Look everyone! I have a picture! This is Josie, my DD's dolly and her new dress I made this week.

I have been working on small projects this week. I have made some more friendship stars (no gremlins around here this week), some nine patches for a swap, and matching pillow cases for MIL and me. It is a Michael Miller fabric called Disfunctional Family.

I finished the round robin for our church missionaries. My round is the last one. It will be hand quilted by ladies in our church (myself included).I left a lot of empty space for quilting designs. I added larger borders on top and bottom to make this top a rectangle. I made the flowers forget-me-nots, because the fabric in the center block is forget-me-not fabric. Looking at it now, maybe I should have just added the yellow because that ribbon border sure is nice. Too late now, anyway.

And tragedy this week. A wheel fell off my sewing chair! I will have to get a new one next week in town, as it was a garage sale chair to begin with.





10 comments:

quiltpixie said...

kinda frustrating...

ForestJane said...

You can always go to www.photobucket.com or another image hosting site, upload them there, then paste the code in your blog. :)

Susan said...

What a busy week! I love the missionary quilt. I think it looks great this way. You were busy! I can't imagine sewing doll clothes. Too tiny!

Sandra said...

The missionary quilt is stunning. Blue and yellow always looks good. I think you'll all enjoy quilting this top :-)

quiltpixie said...

The quilt looks great. Good idea to add a "blank space" for some quit highlighting -- I'm sure the quilters will appreciate it :-)

Nancy said...

That RR is beautiful!

A wheel fell of my sewing chair this weekend too! But my chair is less than 6 months old and cost me mega $$$ on sale. So I'm trying to get a replacement part from the manufacturer. In the meantime I just keep sticking the wheel back in the broken mount and it will stay until I move around too much.

Melzie said...

That quilt is absolutely beautiful :) xoxo melzie

EileenKNY said...

That quilt for your church is lovely. Blue and yellow are so good together.
Whatever you do, stay away from officefurniture.com for anything.

Linda_J said...

you are so talented, Rebecca---I love the yellow and blue round robin. Whine, Whine--why am I always having to deal with something black being passed to me!!?

Samantha said...

I love that michael miller fabric- I made an entire quilt of it, and another friend of mine has used it for great throw pillows.

Good luck with the chair situation!