Wednesday, August 23, 2006



This is a mini quilt I made for dd, 8 (today!) Those little flying geese are about an inch wide, and they were paper pieced. She uses this as a doll quilt.

So little quilting going on here. I wanted to hand quilt this morning but my fingers are sore from yesterday's quilting. So I did some needle point on this pillow front my grandma gave me (a UFO of hers!). Then my shoulders were hurting so I just stopped hand work.

Besides, I would rather visit with my MIL than hide in my sewing room. :)

8 comments:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It is a wonderful doll quilt. My nieces and grand nieces want me to make them some American Doll doll quilts... Guess I better get busy if I am going to ever hope to have them done by Christmas!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Gail said...

So tiny, so cute-looks like a lot of careful work, too.

quiltpixie said...

the paper piecing gives such precise points, but must have been a chore pulling off all that paper...

The Calico Cat said...

Love the mini quilt. (I am antsy to make SEVERAL mini or at least small quilts to decorate with. I am seeing them all on one wall...)

Linda_J said...

that is the perfect size for a doll quilt and lots of fun fabrics. Enjoy your time with your MIL--the sewing probably can wait. Give your hands and shoulders a rest too and be kind to yourself!

Jeanne said...

Oh, what a special gift! Happy birthday to your daughter!
Jeanne

Susan said...

One inch? *one* inch? Oh, that's too small for human hands. =) Pretty, though. Good to know you are still enjoying your MIL.

Sandra said...

VERY cute quilt. Flying geese goes so well in a mini quilt :-)