Thursday, September 07, 2006


I mostly made and finished this quilt top today, two of the blocks I made last night. I wish I could crop out the garbage can!

This top is about 60x72. All from stash nickels. The border is really an 80's blue with little pink roses on it. But I had enough, so I used that. There is a dent now in my nickels, I think I have used most of the ones I like. There are 192 nickels in this quilt. There is one hst I put in the wrong way, but by that time I was ok with that. Can you find it? Look at end of post for answer. Can you see the stars in this top? I think they don't really jump out very much. It kind of just looks like four-patches and square in a square.

I just packed up my stuff to go the quilt festival tomorrow. I am so excited! I am taking my older smaller machine, my 6500 won't fit in the carrier I have. All those little things you need, sewing machine needles, pins, seam ripper, etc. I think I got them all.

HST that is wrong: upper right corner third one to the left, top row.

15 comments:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

OK, I want a super-sonic, extra fast sewing machine like yours! LOL! Looks great! I can't believe you did that all in one day.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Hanne said...

What a lovely quilt top. Have fun at the retreat !
The HST turned wrong just adds personality to the quilt.
Did not catch my attention.

quiltpixie said...

I mostly see the stars in this quilt, but you're right they don't jumps at me -- its awonderful quilt to just look at and see the play of colour and then see the patterns emerge.

Gail said...

I can see the stars, they just don't jump out and make themselves known-and because of that, I wouldn't have noticed that naughty HST if you hadn't pointed it out. Meanwhile, have a wonderful time at the festival, take lots of pictures and come back to share the experience with us.

Norma said...

I can't see your mistake. Chances are whoever you give this to won't see it either! This is a nice quilt top--I am impressed with how quickly you put it together!

Nancy said...

I like the fact the stars are playing hide and seek. :-) And even when you point it out I still can't find your error! I do like this and think it will be a nice thing to do with some of my nickles.

Hedgehog said...

Wow! I like what Nancy said about the stars playing hide and seek - it's more fun that way!

Karen said...

How could you possibly do all of this in one day?? You are Super Quilter :-). Have fun at the festival and tell us about it when you get back!

Linda_J said...

That was quick, Rebecca. Love the scrappiness of it all.

Shelina said...

I really like all the fun bright colors you used in the quilt. And I like the pattern, because everytime you look at it, you see different parts of the design. It is embarassing to me how long it takes me to make a simple quilt when you got one in a day.

Susan said...

I like it! I can see the stars, even though they don't jump out at one. The wrong way HST doesn't phase me at all.

Susan said...

In fact, the more I look at it, the more right it seems. I don't think it's backwards at all.

ForestJane said...

I don't see a mistake either... if you look at the large stars, they are all 'set' correctly... ;)

joyce said...

Your mistake is better hidden than the stars! Love the colors and the border looks just right.

Mary said...

The stars popped out at me in the corners - not so much in the middle of the quilt. It looks good!