Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The quilt festival was GREAT! I got to go Friday evening for the mystery class, all day Saturday and all day Sunday. I got to meet Billie Lauder, Amy Bradley, Marci Baker, and Judy Niemeyer as well as two teachers from Anchorage, Carol Jones and Pam Ventgen. They were all really nice and let me take lots of pictures. There were workshops about applique, paper piecing, making jackets from sweatshirts, beading, quick methods, and curved piecing with strips between. All the projects were really lovely.

This is my mystery top, it is about 40 x 60. It was designed by Trudy in Valdez, who ownes the Calico Whale quilt shop. I don't know if I like it, tho. I like the colors and the way they play with each other. I like the pinwheels and the crosses. But I am not sure I like the asymetrical layout. Maybe it will grow on me.














I took a class with Billie Lauder, about quick piecing methods. She sews large squares together and then cuts and reattaches to make the blocks. And the 16 patch blocks are made so that each fabric is in one block in one space, and never repeated in that space.















This is my friend Judy, I met her two years ago at festival. This is her bargello project from a class with Billie Lauder also.













During the festival there is a shop hop kind of, around town, different stores and businesses have a quilt square and you have to go to the stores to build the years sampler quilt. This is the one for this year.

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your mystery quilt is very nice. I like the layout very much.

Hedgehog said...

Oh it looks like it was fun - thanks for sharing!

quiltpixie said...

wow, sounds like a great time was had by all :-)

Gail said...

Sounds like a really good time, glad you were able to go.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It sounds like you had lots of fun!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Linda_J said...

What fun! And the whole town gets into it too, it sounds like!

Norma said...

You were very lucky to have taken classes from such great quilters at festival. I am curious abut those 16 patch blocks, both how they are made so that the patch does not repeat position and what you plan to do with them now. Keep us posted.

ForestJane said...

I like that 16 patch scrappy block too... sounds like you had a great time!