Monday, September 18, 2006



This has been today's project. I made this top a couple of months ago, and today I quilted it. I used Golden Threads quilting paper and marked on it with pencil (not the greatest idea, the graphite rubbed off on my quilting gloves). It turned out really nice, two puckers on the back that I could easily fix, no pulled threads, and no tension problems. I put brushed cotton on the back, fuzzier than cotton, but not so fuzzy as flannel. This quilt is for a baby boy, notice the quilting design is airplanes, and I thought a dark back would make it more boy-ey. I put on a blue binding and it is finished now and in the washer.

I will have to make another quilt like this as I really like it. And making it from scrap strips is the best.

8 comments:

Gail said...

That looks like it was a fun one to make.

quiltpixie said...

the airplanes are a great idea -- and I actually like bright scrappy quilts for either a girl or boy -- they somehow fit "infanthood" well.

Norma said...

Nice "scrap buster" quilt. The addition of airplanes was an excellent idea to make the quilt boy-ish.

Nancy said...

That's a great quilt for a little boy. Especially with the addition of the airplane quilting. What fun. :-)

joyce said...

Ihave been thinking of trying to quilt over paper. I thought there would be a problem with puckers. Good to hear you had little trouble. Maybe on my next one. The quilt looks great. Perfect for a little boy.

Shelina said...

That is a great quilt for a boy. I'm sure he will love it.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It is a very nice quilt for a boy! I see a froggie print in there too! The airplane quilting is a cute theme - I have never tried that paper, but maybe someday... Always wonderful to have a nice quilting day with no troubles!

Cheers!

Evelyn

ForestJane said...

That turned out cute! I like the way the bits of yellow make your eye travel across the quilt. I'm sure he'll love it, and his mom too!