This has been today's project. I made this top a couple of months ago, and today I quilted it. I used Golden Threads quilting paper and marked on it with pencil (not the greatest idea, the graphite rubbed off on my quilting gloves). It turned out really nice, two puckers on the back that I could easily fix, no pulled threads, and no tension problems. I put brushed cotton on the back, fuzzier than cotton, but not so fuzzy as flannel. This quilt is for a baby boy, notice the quilting design is airplanes, and I thought a dark back would make it more boy-ey. I put on a blue binding and it is finished now and in the washer.
I will have to make another quilt like this as I really like it. And making it from scrap strips is the best.