Saturday, October 28, 2006


I am happy to report that this half of the 1000 Pyramids is all quilted. I am handquilting inside of all the light triangles with dark blue thread. I am now sewing the rows for the other half together. I have 9 rows complete, so I will be piecing more triangles!!! I have really enjoyed working on this project, I think I started it in January 2006. I doubt I will have it done in less than a year, though. Sometimes it is nice to have a long term project, and this one does not require a lot of thinking with the quilting. I sit on the couch and quilt, watching Mad About You dvd's with DH.

9 comments:

Hedgehog said...

What a great looking quilt. I miss Mad About You!

Gail said...

Looking good-such a lot of piecing, it would take me longer than a year!

Nancy said...

I have always wanted to do a 1000 pyramids quilt. Yours is looking great!

Norma said...

Wow! That is a lot of triangles! A very nice quilt.

Mrs. Moody said...

Very nice pyramids! I was looking at some of your older posts and saw some of your really neat quilting designs. Do you do your own long-arming? Do you long arm for others? I really like some of your neat designs and such.

anne bebbington said...

I do love thousand pyramids but would never have the patience to put all those triangles together - allergic to triangles in a big way :o( but yours looks lovely you keep getting fleeting glimpses of secondary patterns that then skip away as your eye spots another one like a butterfly flitting from flower to flower

Carolyn said...

This quilt is stunning, you must be so proud of what you've done! Are you hand piecing the triangles? I may have to put one of these on my wish list....

Linda_J said...

quilting it by halves and then joining it, Rebecca? Not sure I follow. You may have said at some point.

juryizout said...

Very nice!