Sunday, January 14, 2007

Today I altered some pants for a friend. I have to say I love my Janome 6500. It makes all kinds of sewing so easy. I can put in the zipper, finish the edges and then make a hem in just a jiffy. There is no sewing that seems like a chore when it is so fun!

I am working on Study in Wool Shirts #4. I am sewing the edges and then will be finished. Ok, so after four quilts with the same wool shirts, I am TIRED of working with the same fabric! But I am almost done with this project. This last week I made another set if valances (in light green) for the same lady the quilts are for. There are two 210 inch, two 120 inch and one 100 inch valances. For each valance I sewed the length three times, one for the hem and two for the top to put in the curtain rod. Can we say a lot of straight stitching??? But once again, it was not a hard project.

I am taking a bargello class at Quilt U and have picked out my fabrics. I will keep you posted on my progress over the next few weeks.



Another UFO finish this last week. These cute little ornaments for my mom. They are her Christmas present, I'm just a little behind! :)


5 comments:

Angie said...

That fabric that you made the valance out of is beautiful! And I adore those 'little quilts' that you made for your Mom--really cute!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Sometimes I like just easy, straight sewing. I can't tell you how many pairs of curtains/valances I have made through the years!!! Like you say - not difficult, and I am always so happy that I know how to sew so that I can do it!

Your Mom's mini quilts are cute! Better late than never, hey, maybe they are even early for next year! Sweet in anycase so I am sure she will be thrilled with them.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Sandra said...

Those tiny Christmas quilts and hangars are adorable!

anne bebbington said...

I love those dinky tiny Christmas quilts - they are so sweet

Shelina said...

Oh your ornaments are beautiful. Where did you find hangers like those?