Saturday, January 06, 2007

Whew! Here it is Saturday, and I am actually getting time to breathe. The kids are watching movies and I am in my sewing room, cleaning, organizing, working on this and that.

I am sqaring up the placemats for my brother, getting ready to add binding.

I am getting the quilting design together for my scrappy quilt from www.quiltville.com, like this quilt http://quiltville.com/stringquiltingprimer.shtml. Then I am going to quilt as you go from Keryn Emmerson's book, Beautiful Quilts As You Go. I am using a sort of Hawaiian design from EQ6. I got EQ6 for Christmas and I love it. But then I loved EQ5 too. Anyway, I am still messing around with it, as you can tell.

I am putting away the triangles from 1000 Pyramids. And looking for a pattern for the leftovers. Anyone know of patterns with 60 degree triangles?

I am adding the finishing touches to my Round the Year Quilt. My quilt group started this January 2006. Everyone made a January block, only the size was stated. It could be pieced, appliqued, embellished whatever. Then we passed the block to another person and got a block. Everyone added a February block. Once again, only the size limited our options. By the end of the year, we had each made twelve blocks, one for each quilt, and received a quilt back again. It was really a great experience and everyone kept up, and all the quilts are beautiful. We are planning a show session in Febrary.

7 comments:

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

I love the block you have used for the placemat! Did you design it yourself?

paula, the quilter said...

Use 6 60degree triangles to form a large hexagon in the style of a kaleidescope quilt.

Gail said...

You have a lot going on, and each so different from the other, it must keep things 'fresh' and fun for you.

Jeanne said...

Oh, your Round the Year is nice! I remember when you talked about starting that with your group last year.
Jeanne

Nancy said...

I love the design of your placemat. And how you used the "guy" prints in the center. They'll be a wonderful gift for your brother.

Susan said...

That Hawaiian design reminds me very much of Baltimore Album blocks - probably because of the fabric behind the pattern. =)

Shelina said...

Sounds like you are making a lot of progress on a lot of projects, good for you!
Your Round the Year Quilt sounds awesome. I think it is great that people can choose their own designs, based on their skill level, and comfort, and what they think would be best for the quilt, rather than be stuck with someone else's idea. Looks like people didn't pick the simplest patterns on your quilt.