Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sick, sick, sick. My son has been sick for 5 days and now I have this crud. The school secretary said on Monday that 40 kids were out of school sick. And our school has less than 175 kids! Ugh.


But anyway, last night I did finish this scrappy strippy quilt. I am going to donate it to our local quilt guild, and they will give it to victims of house fires. There was a house fire last week and we donated three quilts, so the supply has gotten low. I sat and looked at this quilt for awhile and remembered where all the fabric came from. Most of it I could tell you right off. I hope you can see the quilting in the closeup photo.

5 comments:

anne bebbington said...

If something as traumatic as a house fire had happened to me I can't think of a gift I'd like better than a quilt like that - it's cheery, snuggly, smoke free and made with love - what more would you want :o)

Lois R. said...

I love this string quilt! What a great variety of fabrics. And I LOVE the scrappy binding! I gotta try this one of these days. Did you use a foundation? I hate the idea of using a foundation...

I admire your ability to give up a quilt. This is not one of my strong suits. But that's probably because I'm relatively new to quilting.

By the way, thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I appreciate the visit and the comments.

Shelina said...

I do hope you and the rest of your family get over your illness quickly. That is a pretty string quilt. You inspire me by quilting while you are sick, and by donating your quilt for such a good cause.

gwen said...

How generous of you to give such a nice quilt. I am sure the recipients will appreciate it. I hope you and your family get well soon.

Mary said...

Love how the string quilt turned out. I use scrappy bindings on mine too - uses up all those leftover bits of bindings from other quilts. My Mom even saves her leftovers for me.