Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wednesday

I am nervous about today. My dh and I have a big interview over lunch. My dh is in bible college, graduating in May, and we are looking for a church to pastor. The district representative of an organization that places pastors is coming over for a looong interview. My dh says not to sweat it, and I have met him before, but I am on pins and needles. (Well, I hope I got them all off the floor! :) )

I am working on my 1000 Pyramids again, after about a two month break. There will be 25 rows of 40 triangles, and I have about 18 quilted. (Hand quilted, kind of quilt as you go. ) The finished part also has the binding on. I know, I know, I am doing it a weird way. But the edges were getting messy, and I already had the binding made. So now I have the rest of the binding hanging off the quilt! I pinned it up so it doesn't get messy. BUT after couting the rows yesterday, I am ONE short! Arrrgh. It must be somewhere. It might be easier to just make another one than to look it!

Last Sunday and for the next two Sundays, my dh is preaching in a town about 140 miles away. It takes us about 2.5 hours to get there. So last week, I took a whole cloth baby quilt that I am machine quilting, and clipped threads. It took about two hours I guess, lots of crosshatching. I should quilt on it more this week, so I can clip threads this next trip too!

I was pulling paper foundations off another quilt yesterday. It looks like a mouse has been in my sewing room. I try to hit the garbage can, but those little pieces just flutter away. Thank goodness for the vacuum cleaner!

I gotta go take a shower and get ready for lunch. I will update later.

Rebecca

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Prayers are headed your way for both you and your husband. Good luck with the interview!

Anonymous said...

Just want to say what a great blog you got here!
I've been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work!

Thumbs up, and keep it going!

Cheers
Christian, iwspo.net