Saturday, March 10, 2007





Yippee, Yippee. I have strep throat. What more needs to be said?




I have been busy quilting though. I am working on sunflower blocks for this quilt I designed a while back. It will all be scrappy, staying in the color families. It's not quite what I had in mind, but I am getting a lot of positive comments. These are som more scrappy blocks pieced on phone book pages. One of these days I am going to have to sit over the garbage can and pick out all those papers. Ugh. But the paper is pretty thin and my dd likes to help.




I have been making some yoyo blocks (you're on your own) for Cotton Spice Quilting Magazine (www.cottonspice.com). Have you been to their website yet? Great projects.




6 comments:

paula, the quilter said...

Those strippy blocks are my favorite to make.

Vicki W said...

You're a stronger woman than me! I'd be totally laid up in bed with strep. Love the strippy blocks and the design for your sunflower quilt. It will look great in scrappy fabrics.

Veronica said...

Strep throat! Yikes! That'll put me down for a while, too.

Talking about removing paper from the backs of blocks..how about lightly spraying them with water? The paper then comes off easily. Just an idea..

Gail said...

I hope that the strep lasts only long enough to keep you home and confined to the QUILT room for a while before you have to go back to your regular routine! Seriously, take care of it and yourself.

Karen said...

I'm sorry you have strep... how nasty! :( I'd go straight to bed with the remote and a cup of hot tea. Let the kiddo's take care of you! :)

Get well soon! karen

Esteemarlu said...

You poor thing,hope you feel better soon.You're a true quilter when you're super sick and still want to quilt.LOL! I really like your sunflower quilt design.Where did you get the pattern? I also like the scrap strip blocks,very pretty. I've heard of quilter's using muslim as a foundation.I guess paper would make it easier to quilt.