Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Have you seen "The Quilt Show" with Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson? I thought it was wonderful. My connection leaves something to be desired, so the talking is a little choppy. I was listening while I was sewing this morning. And what was I sewing?

This cute little sewing kit! Based on a pattern from Fons and Porters Love of Quilting Nov. 2006.


On the inside there are little pockets, a penc
il holder, a place for pins and this cute scissor holder. I made this all by machine. I think my button hole stitch is okay, but not real great. I would love to learn the secret of making the rounded areas nicer.


I made this little wallhanging for a friend. Cute pattern from a calendar quilt little book, that was really old. I found it in the free bin at the library. I didn't like any of the other patterns tho. The colors in this picture are off. The fabrics are all nice pastels.


And I made this bag too. I made it to take to Kansas City next week. Since I had to order some new clothes (I hope they arrive in time! ) I decided to have a new bag too.



7 comments:

tami said...

That sewing kit is adorable. Great projects.

Jeanne said...

You've been very productive! I love the little sewing kit and the bag and quilt are great, also.

Laurie Ann said...

Wow, you've been a busy bee!!! Good job!

Su Bee said...

I LOVED Alex and Ricky -- both those shows were great - I can't wait for more!

Shelina said...

You've been busy! These are all adorable projects!

Happy Valley Quilter said...

You've been a busy girl. I especially like your little sewing kit. How cute!

Val C said...

to make your corners and rounds go back down to back of work the come up again this locks your stitches and stops them slipping forward ..i do this every now and again even on straight work...cheers val in Oz