Thursday, April 26, 2007



We have returned from Kansas City and are back in the swing of things. Spring is really here in Alaska. Almost all the snow is melted except for the ditches. It gets to about 50 degrees during the day. No buds on the trees yet. And no dandelions yet.

I haven't been doing any sewing for the last two weeks. I just haven't felt like it. I got home on April 21, and I haven't even plugged in my sewing machine yet. Maybe I should go fondle some fabric!

This is the project I was working on before I left. These are some four patch and half square triangles units left from other projects.



Wow! I forgot I made this quilt. I made this one when I first started quilting and gave it to my MIL. It is interesting to see the work that I thought was good then. Not to say that I am perfect now! HAHAHA The nine patches were made from little squares someone gave me, most of them polyester!

8 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Both of these scrappy top/quilts are great! I like what you did with the Rail Fence in the nine patch quilt. Makes quite an effect.

Mary said...

Love the 4 patches and 1/2 square triangles - those two blocks are so great used together - lots of different options.

Susan said...

I like both your scrappy quilts. I never met a scrappy I didn't like. =)

You must be north of Anchor Point? My friend there is reporting warmer weather. Maybe because it's by the ocean? Anyway, spring is coming, in it's Alaskan way! =0

Happy Valley Quilter said...

What great quilts! I can't wait to see your scrappy quilt progress!

hippie quilter said...

HST/4 patch quilt - looks like a great start, can't wait to see the finish.

Jeanne said...

I love both quilts! Nine patch quilts are my favorites, especially scrapppy ones.

Shelina said...

Both the quilts are great! I think you did a great job with your early quilts with getting timeless fabric. It doesn't look outdated at all. I look forward to seeing your current quilt completed, but I understand that sometimes you just aren't in the mood to quilt. Hopefully you are able to do the things you are in the mood to do.

cher said...

the scrappy quilt start looks great-I am sure your sewing inspiration will return in due course-a break is often a very good thing.