Thursday, May 10, 2007

I was inspired today to finish my Bible cover that I started last week. I just wanted to do something simple. I cut some small triangles for the flower petals, some circles for the flower middles, and then appliqued them on with clear thread. Then I meandered the rest of the cover. I just had to make something to get back to sewing.




I also started a new project. From the book Happy Villages by Karen Eckmeier (www.quilted-lizard.com) comes the inspiration for this little project. This little hamlet was all cut out and glued down in about 2 hours.



The above photo is after the tulle is quilted down. The quilting took about an hour. It is about 22 inches square and I haven't put on the binding yet. This bright little village was so much fun, I started another one. Aren't the trees great? My DD, 8, cut them out for me. This project hasn't been quilted yet.

14 comments:

Hedgehog said...

Very cool projects!!! I just might need to try it out!

Vicki W said...

I've been wanting to do one of those villages. I see not that you can't just do one! Yours are really cute - love the colors and fabrics.

Melzie said...

Oh I've looked far and wide for a Bible cover pattern, did you use one (share share lol) or did you make one up (tutorial tutorial LOL!). Looks great on both projects :) xoxo melzie

Nancy said...

Love the flowers on that Bible cover. So 70s retro which I find so cool that it's back in style since I come from that era and just love the look.

And the Happy Villages are just that - plain happy to look at. :-)

Laurie Ann said...

Oh my, that village it juse awesome!!! I'll have to go to that web site as I need to know how you did it!!

JudyL said...

Your little villages are so cute!

Fiona said...

Those villages really caught my eye - they are so bright and lively.

Jeanne said...

They are both wonderful! How nice to have a project your daughter can work on with you.

Shelina said...

All three of these projects are great! I like the happy flowers on the Bible cover. Both of your villages look friendly - a nice summer, colorful village, and the the more nautical, cooler village. Very nice. I'm impressed that you can make a whole village in such a short time.

Veronica said...

Sometimes a little project is exactly what we need to get our "quilt fix" isn't it? Great projects. I really like your village.

Niki said...

Your work is awesome! Love the bible cover. And the villages, how cute!

Rose Marie said...

What a delightful hanging and done in 2 hrs.!

Mary said...

Love the village - thanks for the link. I ordered the book and a few patterns.

Melinda said...

I absolutely love the villages - what fun you must have making them.