Saturday, July 21, 2007

Aaaaaa! I couldn't stand it! Not one minute longer! I had to sew something...so I dug out my travel machine case and hoped there would be enough supplies in there to be able to make something. It was wonderful, I opened it up and there was an iron, a pressing/cutting board, the machine, a rotary cutter, a pair of scissors. The only thing missing was a ruler. But I dug one of those out, and got to work. Except that all the fabric was packed away too! I grabbed the only container I could reach, and it was my collection of Nancy Halvorsen fabrics. Let's see, country charms or something like that. Anyway, Score! They all match and look great! So I made these scrappy logs, the blocks will finish 12 inches. I will make two more, then I will have twelve, three across and four down, or maybe make a bunch more, these are kind of fun!

I also located the website of the quilt guild I am going to belong to when I move. Cabin Fever Quilters Guild in Fairbanks, Alaska. I am so excited! In September, Eileen Sullivan, is going to be there. I will just have to go to that. She is a pattern designer for foundation patterns, beautiful flowers. I did one awhile back, Hollyhocks, (can't find the photo right now) and everyone who sees it just goes bonkers over it. The patterns are preprinted on freezer paper I think. It was easy to do, and turned out marvelous!


5 comments:

Susan said...

What great blocks! Nice to have a kit of supplies all ready where you could get at them. When is the big moving day?

Vicky said...

You did good, kiddo! Those blocks are gorgeous!

Pam said...

I love paper piecing! How nice to be able to have some sewing therapy during the moving process. Love your blocks!

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

Meredith said...

I have felt that way as soon as I read the beginning of your post I started laughing. Sometimes we just need to quilt. I enjoy your blog!

Sonnja said...

Hello,

I Love your blocks!
Lind Regards.

Sonnja from the Neherlands