Saturday, September 22, 2007


Quilting! Sewing! Pressing! I'm in heaven! This here little top is done! It is 60x72. I just love this design. I found it in a book a long time ago and have had it in my head ever since. Below is a close up of four blocks together.


The greatest thing about this top is that all the units were already made from other projects! The four patches from this design I decided I didn't like



and the hst's from a creamy and scrappy swap.


And small progress on the cross stitch! I found this ruler at Jo-Ann's. It has a counter for the size Aida cloth. Hopefully this will help. I haven't had to do too much fudging yet!






9 comments:

Nadine said...

Nice job, Rebecca ! Your quilts are real beauties, and your cross stitch is taking it's way....

Bugs & smiles to you !
NADINE

Patti said...

Beautiful scrappy tops Rebecca - absolutely my favorite kind of quilt. Hope the ruler helps your cross stitch woes!

Shelina said...

Rebecca, I love these scrappy tops. And so nice that you were able to make a quilt using up your leftover blocks. I'm glad you found a ruler for the cross-stitch - I hadn't heard of them, but I wouldn't worry too much about being perfectly accurate - the important thing is that it looks like the picture, and that you don't use up too much space for the next picture.

Veronica said...

I like your attitude! I, too, am in heaven when quilting, sewing and even pressing! lol Great looking Stars and Boxes quilt top.

JudyL said...

How neat to be able to assemble a top from things you already had made!

Judy S. said...

Love the top, and the best part is using up the pieces!

Looks like your xs is coming along, too. It takes so long, doesn't it?

Susan said...

Sorry! Judy S. was me. I forgot to sign out of her blog before commenting.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Looks like you truly are settling into your new home if you are back to sewing! I bet that feels good - I always miss sewing when something interrupts it. And your quilts are lovely!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Hanne said...

Looking back on your blog I re-found this post.
These patterns are great - I need to do some scrappy blocks soon!