Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I have been making some blocks for a swap. These present blocks are from EQ6, 10 1/2 inches. They are fun to do up, easy machine applique. I have used a lot of decorative stitches. I have 9 of 12 made.


I messed up so bad on this cross stitch, I had to start over. So here is Christmas Sampler #2. I have done so much better this time. The colors are really nice. It will probably take me a long time to finish!
I have been sewing but not doing much finishing. I am making a quilt for my dh, and the top is done, but the back is not. I don't have any pieces of fabric big enough for it, so I decided to piece a back. But since I had to do it, I decided to make the quilt reversible. The quilt is all browns, like a cup of coffee, all different amounts of cream. The quilt will be about queen size with a fat poly batt, tied, to make it more of a comforter.
I have also set up a sewing morning with a friend. So for the last month, we have met on Tuesday morning at her house, and sewed from 9 until 12+. She is making a nine patch with sashing and corner squares. I have been working on all kinds of projects. We have been having a great time.

7 comments:

Annie said...

I really like your "present" blocks....I'll have to go looking in my EQ for that pattern. Yours look really great!!!

Jeanne said...

Your blocks are so cute! Glad you were able to keep at the xstitch even if it meant starting over. It will be a very pretty sampler. Your coffee colored quilt is looking great, too. You're making good progress on your projects.

Shelina said...

You're working on so many different techniques. The blocks are cute, as is the xstitch. I think I moved from xstitch to quilting, because it seems so much faster. The coffee looks so adorable. Such lucious colors - makes me thirsty just looking at them!

Sonnja said...

Beautiful your "present" blocks
Kind regards,

Sonnja, from the Netherlands

Susan said...

What a fun idea to have the mornings to sew with your friend. That's something I only get to do now and then, and I miss it. It looks like you've been keeping busy, though!

Alison-My Little Stitching Corner said...

Your work is lovely. I hate having to unpick cross stitch!! Done that too many times. The present blocks and adorable and the brown quilt is going to be lovely. I'm visiting your site for the first time!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Those present blocks - wonderful pattern for using up some
Christmas-sy themed fabric - and they all "play" together so well! How fun! Just bought "SANTA" wrapping paper yesterday - it is now in the house and hidden away.

Cheers!

Evelyn