Saturday, November 17, 2007

My mom asked for a baby quilt for the daughter of a friend. I made this one up for her. The baby will be a boy. The hardest part of this was finding all the novelty fabric. Not that it was really all that hard. With so much fabric, there are bound to be little prints of things. A lot of the pieces came from nickel swaps anyway, which I guess are just for this purpose. The binding is a fabric that looks like rocks. The backing is the same green with one line of novelty squares.

3 comments:

Susan said...

How nice that your mom would ask, and that you would make it! It is going to keep a little boy's attention for a long time.

Jeanne said...

That's a cute quilt for any child. He'll enjoy finding the objects when he's old enough. Great work.

ForestJane said...

I'm looking for something to use christmas fabrics... I've got some large character prints of snowmen, santas, etc. and this might do... :)