Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Photo above. Quilt top below.



I finally finished clipping the seams and sewed the last few rows and here is my lily wall hanging. It is about 2x3 feet and is only the top. I am going to quilt and embellish at the same time. I am going to find some ribbon and beads for the stamens and a bug button or two. Then I will outline the flowers and add some more dimension with thread.

I got a great present yesterday. The library at my kids's school had a book fair with a blizzard theme. Anyway, the librarian bought a bunch of polyester quilt batting to cover a tent to make an igloo. I got all the batting when the book fair was over! I have about four queen size batts, and another queen size cut up into some smaller pieces.

My DH is taking me to town for my birthday today. We are having the kids and dog stay with some friends, and we are going to go party! right. We haven't even thought of anything to do yet. Well, dinner is planned! We will be home tomorrow afternoon. We are just really spending time together, no kids. We could do that at home probably, but if we stayed here we would just do our own separate things.

7 comments:

Pam said...

WONDERFUL!!! You did a great job on this top. WOW...all those little pieces and placed in all the right spots. That is an incredible amount of work and the results are terrific.

Happy Bday to you!! Enjoy your time away with hubby.

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

Vicki W said...

That is just beautiful!

Judy S. said...

Have a wonderful birthday and a fune evening!

Susan said...

Beautiful quilt - love how that turned out! Hope your evening was twice as much fun as you expected!

Gerry said...

Very, very cool. I love it!

Rose Marie said...

It's awesome ... love what you created from the photo!

Karen said...

Good deal on the batting!!