Monday, April 14, 2008

How do you ever make up for the time you didn't blog? Do you ever remember everything that you wanted to post about?

Well, I won second place at a local quilt contest and received a $15 JoAnn's gift card. The winner entered a quilt I suggested she enter. I should have kept my mouth shut. :)

I took some quilts to my son's first grade class for a show and tell. The teacher was just amazed when I let the kids look and touch the quilts. Then, of course, the quilts were capes, tents, ghosts, magic carpets and whatever else quilts turn into in the hands of 6 year olds. The children had great fun, and the teacher was glad I entertained them for half an hour.

I have given a few quilts away, and am working on another for a girl in my ds's class. Those little kiddos are so sweet!

I will soon be quilting a quilt I made last fall for my mom, who is buying it for some friends. I better get that basted.

I thought spring was here in Alaska. Three days ago, we woke up to 6 inches of snow. Two days ago it was 50 degrees and melted most of the snow. Yesterday we woke up to snow and it snowed all day! There was about 8 inches of snow this morning. And now it is 45 degrees! Oh, wait. That is spring weather in Alaska. The snow this morning was really wet, so the kids and I made a snowman before heading off to school. Good thing we did, because he is half melted already!

I went on a mile walk this morning and boy, was that hard in 8 inches of snow. Most of the roads were not plowed yet so it was really wading, not walking. I enjoyed the time outside and so did my doggie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alaska! Wow, I've always wanted to go there. I bet you can really use the extra warmth of quilts up there :)

So, I found this video that really inspired me online about these two groups way down in Texas who make quilts and then use them to donate money to charities. I thought it was a really good idea, so I wanted to share it with you and all of your friends. The link is:

http://www.klru.org/docubloggers/?p=125

Hope you like it!

-Heidi :)