Saturday, August 23, 2008

This is the finished green and tan double four patch. I just love it.





















I finished this one awhile ago but never posted a photo. This was made with a couple of sale charm packs.






















And an old photo. I made this back in 2000? maybe. I saw this pattern somewhere with a real easy way to do it, and now can't remember how it was done. I should make a bigger one. My mom has this little doll quilt and uses it as a table runner.














This rose quilt was a gift for my grandma. I made this top and had a purple border on it. She came over for a visit and I showed it to her to see if she would like it. She said "Egads, that border is awful!" Needless to say, I shoved it back in the closet and didn't look at it for awhile. I finally pulled it out and changed the border and had it quilted in a big rose desgin. I gave it to her for her birthday, and she loves it. I told her the story and she didn't remember seeing the quilt before, even with the purple border!


















6 comments:

Vicki W said...

The D4P turned out great!

Shasta said...

They are all lovely quilts. That green 4patch is one that I want to make as well.

Hanne said...

The double 4 patch quilt looks very good :-)

Joyce said...

The green one is gorgeous. And even though I haven't seen it with a purrple border, your Grandma may have been right. It looks great with the green.

Sunny said...

Oh wow. Green is my favorite color. That green 4 patch is beautiful. I have a kit I still need to make up that uses these colors too. I need to get going. Your top has motivated me! Great work.

Mary said...

It looks great Rebecca! I loved my green one too although I don't usually use green a lot on it's own.

I had originally intended to make mine king size for my bed but let Keith talk me out of it. You never know, I might just make another version of this down the line.