Tuesday, November 25, 2008

This is a hand piecing project.  It is called Joseph's Coat and will be queen size when finished.  I am making it for my daughter's wedding gift.  She is only 10 so I don't have to rush it!  

My friend Kat makes glass beads.  Oh, are they beautiful!  I went over to her house and she let me dig through her orphan bead bowl and she gave me some.  Each one is unique and wonderful and so special.  My dh then strung them for me into a one of a kind necklace that I wear with pride!

I have been quilting on the turquoise quilt for the last couple of days.  I have five of twenty squares quilted.  I am using variegated blue thread on top and white on the back.



I finished this bright little quilt and have the little girl picked out to receive it.  She is just so cute!  All four of her front teeth are missing and when she smiles you can just about see her tonsils. :)


2 comments:

Leyla said...

Welcome back.
I follow your blog because i love your quilt projects.
Greetings from Switzerland
Leyla

Mama Koch said...

I understand the getting started early on a child's wedding quilt.

Love the glass beads too.