Monday, December 29, 2008

A Quilt Mystery

My mom told me about a quilt her Grandma made back in the 30's.  It had a pink and green border and was rectangle blocks with tulips that had black blanket stitch outline.  She didn't know what happened to the quilt but thought that it had been destroyed.  So I made her this little quilt for her birthday, to remind her of Grandma's quilt.


She took this little quilt with her to New Mexico to hang in
 her rented house to make things look homey.  Her older sister came to visit and said, "Boy, that quilt really reminds me of Grandma's quilt!"  "Grandma's Quilt!!!  What do you know about Grandma's Quilt?" My mom asked.  "I have it at home, in a box in the closet!"  Her sister answered.  "Do you want to come and see it?  Next time you are there, we will g
et it out.  Do you remember the one she embroidered?  I have that one too." !!!!  WOW!  I can't wait to get the photos from my mom of Grandma's Quilt.  


I made this other little quilt out of extra blocks and leftover 30's fabrics.  

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a great story and both quilts are lovely!

Shasta said...

It is a great story. I'm glad the quilt was found. They are both lovely quilts.

doni said...

I love the flower quilts - only a true optimist could quilt flowers with the temperatures as low as you're having!

Warm winter wishes!

doni @ Oregon coast