Wednesday, February 04, 2009

These little hour glass blocks are fun to make!  I start with two sets of four inch squares, mark the middle line, sew on each side and cut.  Iron.  Then put two pieces together, light and dark opposite, mark the middle line, sew on each side, cut, iron and trim.  Then sew the four little hour glass blocks together.  I don't have a plan yet for these.  Any ideas?


And some little Valentine Gifties...


Remember this quilt I made for my mom from her memories of Grandma's Quilt?


Drumroll please... Here is Grandma's Quilt!

 
My mom said she was very pleased with her quilt after seeing Grandma's Quilt for the first time in 40 years.



2 comments:

hetty said...

Those hour glass blocks would drive me nuts. I don't have any idea what to do with them. I love your little postcards and the tulip quilt you made for your mom is lovely. Grandma's quilt is an heirloom! Beautiful!

Rachel said...

You do such beautiful work. Thanks for sharing the pictures.