Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This is Chimney and Cornerstones, Friday Block Party week 11 block.  It was a very easy block.  It is 10 inches finished and goes with these other blocks.

They are set on a dark blue solid, and this is the fabric with which I will sash the blocks.  I will wait until I have 20 or 30 10 inch blocks to make a quilt.  I am loving this block a week idea!

I made three of these cute little blocks this morning.  The blue one on the left I made years ago and had hanging on my wall.  I just loved the block and always wanted to make more.  My son saw it and asked to pick out fabric to make more of them.  I think this block is in a book by Mary Ellen Hopkins.

My son saw the green and white fabric here and decided to make a quilted race car.  He is 7.  Notice the yellow lines in the road!  He is very creative and did all the cutting and sewing himself.
Not to be outdone, my 10 year old daughter then had to make a picture too.  


1 comment:

Kucki68 said...

Love the pieced tulips, I think I have a similar pattern in one of the Quilts Quilts Quilts books.