Friday, April 24, 2009

 I bought this kit awhile back but never got around to doing it.  The cutie holding the quilt is my son.  This is all done in batiks and is very bright.  Do you know what happens when your iron is too hot and you use fusibles?  They disappear!  Poof!  Not a trace of any fusible anywhere.  I turned the iron way down and then the fusible worked.  I still have to add two hummingbirds and trim down the edges and add borders.  I think I will use the pattern to add some hollyhocks to a sweatshirt I have with some spots on the front.

4 comments:

Quilt Pixie said...

love the shape of those hollyhocks. They're not my favorite flowers in real life, but in fabric thtey're always so identifiable and bright and cheerful they warm my heart.

Shasta said...

Thanks for that tip! Just in time, because I am about to do some fusible applique.

hetty said...

I love hollyhocks, any flower really. The batiks are so nice and bright and the background makes them stand out. I am sure the borders and hummingbirds will make this a perfect quilt. Your son is very cute!

Vicki said...

What a lovely wall hanging (I'm assuming it's a wall hanging). The hummingbirds will just add that extra special touch.