Friday, June 12, 2009



Look what I did today! I am so proud of myself!

I did not sleep well last night, there was a mosquito in our room and by 4 a.m. I couldn't take it anymore and got up. I read for awhile, and then napped on the couch. Therefore, I was tired this afternoon when my son wanted to go to the playground and play tennis. I didn't want to go, I wanted to take a nap. But I decided to ride bikes to the playground and play with the balls and raquets. We went to the store on the way home for ice cream (I got a diet soda) and while I was there I saw they had rope by the foot for sale. My kids have been wanting me to put up a rope swing in this tree. There have been other swings there before we moved in, but the ropes were broken. I bought some rope and went across the street and borrowed a ladder. I CLIMBED the ladder and cut off the old ropes, and put up the new one. I cut a length of tree for the seat and tied that on. I learned how to tie the knot from the man I bought the rope from.

4 comments:

Shasta said...

Oh my goodness, that is a long way up on that ladder. You did a wonderful job. I would have frozen half way up the thing!

Judy Laquidara said...

You're braver than I am! Love your blog layout!

Pat said...

GREAT job.....I'm sure the kids are very happy. I, too, am NOT a ladder person, so I admire your doing this.

Jenessa said...

you rock! and what great motivation you have to get out and play after a rough night