Monday, September 21, 2009

I have taken over Diet Challenge 2009 and will be the host until the end of the year and maybe start a new challenge in 2010!

How is everyone doing? Are you still in it for the long haul? Are you meeting your goals?

I have a spread sheet with charts and stuff to let me know how I am doing. I did a sheet makeover today and really looked at my numbers.

In 2008, I tracked for 41 weeks and I lost 39 % of the weeks and gained 58% of the weeks. There was one week with no change in weight. I lost a total of 22.8 pounds, an average of .57 pounds per week.


In 2009, I have tracked 38 weeks and I lost 59 % of the weeks, and gained 23% of the weeks. There were six weeks with no change in weight (no weigh in due to vacation and such). I have lost a total of 15.6 pounds, an average of .4 pounds per week. I have 14 weeks left in this year!

I have been feeling very discouraged and unmotivated (although that has not changed my actions!) and looking for something to get me going again mentally. I think this has done it. I am doing a great job! It doesn't get much better than losing 59% of the time!

So, if you are feeling discouraged, look back at your progress and celebrate your victories!

I would like to share two websites with you that have helped me. Check these sites out and let me know if they have motivated you too. PeerTrainer and Flylady.

4 comments:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

You are doing a great job on your weight loss journey. My Nana always said - slow and steady wins the race. Cheers! Evelyn

Amanda said...

Hi, Rebecca! It's so sweet of you to take over the diet challenge. Congratulations on your weight loss. I haven't tracked mine, but I haven't had to go out and buy larger clothes, so I guess all is good.

I would love to join you, so count me in!

Jean C. said...

Rebecca, just popped over from Sharon's blog... that's great that your going to take over. Maybe I can get motivated again! I'm not a charts type person... but whatever works for you is what matters! I haven't really been doing all that great weight loss wise... but, I have been doing a bit better with doing a workout and getting some toning done! Your blog addie will go onto my blog for a quick hop on over! Thanks again.

Karen said...

I'll join you in the Challenge Rebecca. I need something to hold me accountable.