Friday, October 02, 2009

Diet Challenge 2009


Do you realize that it is only a couple of months until Christmas? 13 weeks more or less.


Do you have a plan for this Holiday Season? Is it going to be like last year? Or are you going to make healthier decisions? Are you going to throw in the towel or go out with a bang?

We are already starting our round of holiday parties. This weekend we are going to a friend's house for dinner, a potluck memorial service, a Harvest party and an Octoberfest. Is this a recipe for disaster? Or is this a chance to make good choices and enjoy my friends?

Here is my plan. Bring a salad to dinner tonight (the hostess is serving lasagna) and eat lots of it. Eat lunch prior to the memorial service and not stay for the potluck. Go to the Harvest party and enjoy lots of garden vegetables and fresh beef. Eat one plate of food at the Octoberfest, and enjoy every bite. Stay away from desserts and nuts, and stick to drinking water.

I will have to let you know how it goes. At least with a plan, I have a map of what to do. Without a plan, I would just eat a bunch of stuff and say, oh well, so much for the healthy eating today. And I really don't want to do that. I want to be in control of the food, not let the food control me.

I have found a blog I really like. Lyn is very open and honest and is a great writer. Click here to read about a real person struggling just like the rest of us.

1 comment:

Jean C. said...

Rebecca starting with a plan is a good way to end too! That way you know what you will and won't eat and if someone says come on there is more food.... just say thanks I've enjoyed every bite I had. Then what can they say... blush and just say thanks... yep good idea!
My SIL has lost 35 pounds over the summer. I'm soo tickled for him. He and our DD are trying to eat healthier... not so much prepared stuff with so many preservatives etc... He said that he has been drinking lots of water too! I've noticed when I drink lots of water I fill up faster and feel more satisfied!
Hang in there... we will get thru the Holidays and enjoy them too!