Tuesday, October 06, 2009

I had a great weekend, in spite of eating out five times in two days! Friday night we went to a friend's house for a lasagna dinner. I brought and ate a lot of salad. Declined Halloween candy for dessert. On Saturday, we attended a memorial service and potluck and skipped out on the potluck. Then we went to a harvest party and I was sure there would be veggies so I would be ok. No such luck. There were two pound steaks, baked potatoes, lots of pasta salads and desserts galore. I had a piece of a steak, some bean salad, and a few bites of dessert. Then we had an Oktoberfest party. I was sitting at a table with a nut bowl, but I switched with the veggie platter at another table! I ate a part of a bratwurst, some sauerkraut, some potatoes and no dessert. Sunday, we ate one of the steaks from the harvest party we took home for lunch along with quinoa and salad. Then a friend invited us over for dinner. It was moose soup, tea, and crackers. Whew!

1 comment:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I would say you did great! In my family we always serve a huge fruit salad at the holidays for dessert. I think Mom always thought a ton of kids and a ton of sugar weren't a good match, LOL.
Cheers! Evelyn